Tuesday 30 August 2011

Welcome to Pondering Poetry

Welcome to Pondering Poetry. This page is part of my Pondering Pancakes blog, but is set aside for sharing my poetry and maybe some related art with you all.


I hope it is an encouragement and inspiration to you. It is inspired mainly by faith and what God is teaching, reminding and revealing to me through creation, others and of course, himself. I'm a Christian, have been for a long time but recently discovered in a new way a fullness of freedom, life and joy in him as he took the shackles off my feet and the weight off the world off my shoulders. As a friend put it,


"You can get Israel out of Egypt, but you gotta get Egypt out of Israel"

- the Israelites had crossed the Red Sea and heading for the promised land but for many the familiarity of slavery and the melons and cucumbers of Egypt seemed safe and meant many lived as if they were slaves not free people...


Through discovering what it is to live as a new creation, living a new story, where his yoke is easy and his burden is light, a new creativity seems to be flowing... I was quite arty before but I have discovered writing poetry, there may be a couple of earlier poems too- it seems to have been brewing over the last year or so...


I hope you enjoy them and it gives you something to ponder!

Check out my blog http://ponderingpancakes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment